Wednesday, April 19, 2006

FOREPLAY

Well, blogging after a Looooooong time..(The no of Os between L and g are indicative of that).
I was slated to join the ISB (the crorepati school in India) from 15th April 2006....Dont get me wrong on the title of this blog, it refers to the pre-ISB preparations that I went through..

The primary reason I couldnt blog was that I had to prepare (mentally and physically) before joining ISB...I resigned from my services (that was some fun) and came back to my Hometown Nagpur to take a 20 day long break before the grilling started. Jogged a lot in Ngp but wasnt able to reduce an ounce coz of my mom's delicacies. So my waist is still a 36"!!

I took up 2 modules of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) Certification in Financial Markets - one on Derivatives and one on Securities and Trading. A month long preparation was sufficient to sail through, and scored decently in the two tests. So now am a NSE certified Derivatives broker in India!! sounds coool huh?

Pre-ISB was a period of slight anxiety, lots of expectations and loads of enthusiasm...I had heard about it, read about it, met college seniors, read blogs, attended info sessions, paid the initial deposit to reserve my seat, but had no idea of what was about to hit me in the next few days!!

BITS Pilani had been a wonderful experience and I was just hoping that ISB would be better...
IT IS!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ford Prefect said...

Dude .. thats a lot of prepareation .. I turned up at ISB without any whatsoever ... and trust me ull have a lot more fun than Pilani ...
PS: What did u do in Nagpur to pass your time ?? Its frikkin driving me crazy ..

5:31 AM  
Blogger camelpost said...

IIMB will have a Singapore Shanty 4700 Sqft, 3 hour working day and just one faculty to conduct world class Management Education. I wonder if the above meets so called AICTE specifications. On the contrary ISB which has world class facilities at Hyderabad has been questioned by AICTE about maintaining standards. Its time the AICTE joke is called off. AICTE you stand exposed in your standards.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Rishik Ghosh said...

Hey Ford Prefect, am an avid reader of your blogs and its amazingly funny..!! nice to have a comment from u thats definitely an honour...met up ram vijay the other bloggers at isb, but u were the funniest..well me had fun too at home..it was not all slog...keep reading and writing blogs..

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Wedding planner q dog racing q event planner Cosmetic dentist crest whitestrips premium cosmetic dentist bmw motorcycle brake shoes pads Nissan sentra 16 Hair+propecia+vitamin cosmetic company jobs http://www.1997-subaru-parts.info http://www.peugeot-406-osiagi.info/dodge_sadow_body_kits.html tires and hollister Women&apos&aposs cardigan sweaters Amateur built airplane twin booms inverted v tail bose headphone nissan maxima manual Curves freedom fitness peter north gay Voice over ip provider in ontario Floor mats baikal shop

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it oversized sofa slipcover Effexor wellbutrin and Online internet promotion affiliate marketing business Affiliate programs rags to riches by ratliff j buy adipex online new mexico affiliate programs Ambien overnight prescription Acuvue 2 colours contact lense Hp 800 plotter Seo company north korea

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home